Saturday, December 8, 2007

Check the box that applies to you... Nougat Filled (CHECK)

In these times we find ourselves so divisive. Whose race is better? White, Black, Red, Yellow, Tan, or Pale with spots of dark pink during times of duress. Whose religion is going to get you to heaven? Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhism, Hinduism, or that cult I started where it’s ladies night every night. As you can see there are so many different ways we divide ourselves, that when we break it on down to hair color it starts getting ridiculous. I myself was raised in a household that ascribed to one of the 32 flavors of Christianity, and my skin color just happened to be pale with spots of dark pink during times of duress, but just because of those boxes I check on standardized forms did it put the slant on my world view as well? Sure, I’d like to say it didn’t but I’m not going to kid myself and say I keep it real like an inner city black man that belongs to the Nation of Islam. The truth is I do see the world in a different way, but the key is I can also understand that others see it in their way, but neither one of us are wrong until our views impede on the freedoms and right to pursue happiness of others.
This brings me to the biggest line to ever be drawn in the sand and that line is hair color. If I’m wearing a suit and have a briefcase with a cross pin on my lapel no one will give a shit if my hair is neon pink, because the hair color is my sign and to the world it says “FREAK”. Sure if it’s a young child under the age of 10 then it’s just a goofy kid being all whacky. The other get-out-of-jail-free card for this is, say a school principle or coach dyeing their hair as a joke or to match school colors because the band has sold 10,000 dollars worth of candy bars or the team has beat the cross town rivals. If you decide to dye your hair and the color on the box has “neon” any color, and it’s not some zany joke, but because it shows your rocking spirit; I’m sorry you’re a freak. This isn’t my rules it is the rules society has set up, and I’m in no way saying they are right. Hell, I could care less what anyone does with their hair except for my lady which I enjoy having a rich luxurious mane, but even I know I don’t got too much say in the matter.
You might want to disagree with me saying “NO, Untan... there are bigger issues than hair in the world”, and I would agree with you. Then if you were a woman I’d say if I could cure a sick kid in Africa that you’d never meet by shaving your head for life, would you do it and I bet a “Hell naw” would ring out. Sure you’ll go to some god forsaken third world shit hole with your church mission group and paint a house or two and help build a new hut that will be blown down by the next hurricane or regime change military cue, but alter your person and that’s a wee more than you’re willing to do. I’ve seen grown women weep because 2 inches more of their hair was cut than they wanted and it ruined their entire 3 months till it grew back. Yet, show a Latin kid needing help and you’ll hear them say “Damn Mexicans are ruining everything”, yet he’s from Costa Rica.
Now don’t think I’m just bashing women on this because if men weren’t vain ego basket cases about their hair, there wouldn’t be any “Just for Men” hair color commercials or the multi-billion dollar industry to reverse the signs of balding. Seems men sometimes see their hair like their cock, because if they are lacking in either you just might see a sports car in the garage and or the drive-way.
My point is that there are such huge issues that divide us as culture and as a race (human race assholes), that something as little as hair color or anything hair shouldn’t define us or make us. Sure blondes might have more fun. Sure redheads might be red on the head fire in the hole or have a fiery disposition. Sure brunettes might be the best lay you ever had because of a guilt complex for not being born blonde or redheaded, but that isn’t the point. The point is we all have our things that we group ourselves under and exclude others from, and if we took away one of those things we’d find something else to pick at. It seems for so long we’ve been trying to celebrate being so different from each other we forgot what make us the same. So, blondes may have more fun, but as the picture clearly shows brunettes are more fun to have.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ladies hair isn't going anywhere. And I'm glad that you supplied evidence of the greatness of the brunette.